Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A date!

As I am sitting here sipping my Canada Dry, I am contemplating about the wonderful evening I had last night with none other than Jennifer. :)

I woke up to the alarming movement of an earthquake yesterday morning. I was thinking to myself if I should just stay under the covers or crawl under my bed.

I chose to stay under the covers until the earthquake passed. This was about 7:50AM, almost 8:00AM.

I decided not to go back to sleep and stayed awake. I decided to paint my nails and do my makeup and hair for tonight.

I went shopping with mommy because there was a 30% off sale at Old Navy, nothing much there. I just wanted to buy some more flip flops for summer. I already have black flip flops so kind of stupid to buy another pair so I kept my self control and refrained myself from spending money on useless stuff.

Went to my favorite store right after of course! Tried on two maxi dresses and one black top. Mad cute! I went and bought them. I'm totally feeling the maxi dress trend as of right now. But I want some summer dresses that cut off at the knee. Also need a cute little black dress for my date nights with my honeybee. And I'm definitely looking forward to finding one!

Anyways, my mom wanted to leave because her transfer was going to be expired soon and she didn't buy anything. :/

I paid for my stuff and quickly met up with Jennifer, and she wanted to return her beach towel.

We walked to the movie theater but we walked back to the mall because I wanted to look for these Hollister sandals. (Still searching for the sandals... ) Unfortunately they didn't have them so we walked back to the movie theater to watch what I thought was Sex and the City 2, but they didn't have it. So we opted for Grown Ups, with David Spade, Chris Rock, Kevin James, Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider which was a pretty good movie and damn hilarious.



After Grown Ups we watched Knight and Day with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. I totally didn't think that I would think Tom Cruise is hot, but I didn't think he was hot until this movie. Yay Tom Cruise!!!



Shortly after the movie we went to go eat at the Pier. We found our way to Joe's Crab Shack.... which was...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!



When we walked up the stairs I felt a little too underage to be there because there was a bar with of course tipsy people being loud... But anyways, as soon as the host sat us down it was a great environment. The host told us that our crab meat pickers were our souvenirs, which of course is fabulous!

Jennifer and I decided to pick the Joe's Classic Steampot for two. It came with potatoes, shrimp, crab, corn and a sausage! Mad deliciousss!

We also got the sampler appetizer which has some pretty good dip and all.

The environment was super friendly and our waitress was looking fierce and fabulous. They even get up to dance for you! During our time at Joe's they danced to 2 songs, I forget the first one but it was some Irish song and the second one was Love Shack that was stuck in my head for the rest of the night.

We cleaned house and I ate most of my portion except 2 potatoes and the sausage. We walked along the pier afterward just exploring and ended up buying some ice cream at Dreyer's. :)

We sat outside of Dreyer's for a little bit waiting to finish her ice cream while I took pictures. :) We went home shortly thereafter. But it was a fabulous evening with a fabulous girl.

That pretty much wraps it up.. my evening with Jennifer yesterday. :)


Joe's Crab Shack!


Our souvenirs.

Yes pls!

Our trash bucket, it's genius! The beginning of the night...

The staff are dancing indeed...

Delicious looking appetizers.

My nasty last piece of calamari, lol

Steampot for 2!

My "crackin'" bib!

Rawr.

Ugly pic posing with the cool drink menu.

The end of the meal.

Ladies.

Gents, told you this place is genius!

Dreyer's Ice cream


I have also been holding out on people with the recent stuff that I bought. So enjoy! :)

Went shopping with Amy and Mina last Thursday and I think it was Amy's first time shopping at my favorite store. ^_^ I didn't buy anything but there were some cute ass shoes that were calling my name.

We went to Sephora and didn't purchase anything and then we went to Forever 21 and I bought a couple of things.


This black pencil skirt with a gold belt chain.

My camera is weird but I think the color is more like a dark olive green or a little lighter than a forest green.

I also got these two really cute headbands but I forgot to take pics. :)

We went to go get Amy's tattoo retouched too and I finally took a picture of their sign. :)

LOL.

Went shopping yesterday as I had mentioned at first I got the two pretty maxi dresses and a black top.

Floral maxi dress! So cute!

Just a regular pink maxi dress.

Black top.

There were more cute dresses that I should look for. There was a very cute pastel pink colored halter top dress but the zipper was weird, no wonder it was in the clearance aisle...

The cute bow skirt I ordered from online, ask me for the site if you want to know.

Black peep toe pumps.

White peep toe pumps.

White pumps. Very cute!!!

The Chanelesque bag I bought from Aldo accessories. :)

And the flat wedge shoes that I want to show Amy. Here you go baby!

I have yet to find some nude patent leather pumps peep toe and fully covered. HELP!

5 comments:

brutalturtle.blogspot.com said...

did you do your make up differently or something recently? You're looking really pretty these days mabel.

I saw your tweet emergency so I dropped by. Let me catch up on some sleep and I'll get back to this post (I just skimmed it)

thelovejoker said...

HAHA, I was on a date with my friend so I slapped on more makeup than I usually wear. It's the fake eyelashes and photoshop that has been improving my looks.

LOL, thank you! Have a nice sleeep!

Matt said...

Aww, this blog post just sounds fantastic and very fun filled. Looks like you had a great time at the shack!

Amy said...

OMG cute ass shoes! and skirt. everything ahhaha!!

i had a crakin' time at ross LOL <3

brutalturtle.blogspot.com said...

And I'm back!

Oh I see my homegirl helen follows you too (she's from toronto like me). Anyway YO TORONTO HAD AN EARTHQUAKE TOO (5.5). Nothing big but everyone felt it and we never ever get earthquakes people can feel. It was a pretty big deal!!! All the cellphones stopped working because people tried to call each other and stuff. My taste of san francisco =D (I told you my dream was to visit there right? if I ever went to california on vacation, would mabel meet up with me for lunch?)

-Tom Cruise is a psychopath :( The things he says to others, what he believes in, his actions, he's a lunatic. Shame because Top Gun was such a great movie! How was knight and day? I want to watch both of these movies actually. The food at crab shack looks so good (is that lobster dip) but I absolutely hate seafood restaurants. I can't even explain it with words, just the atmosphere, the smell, I am completely turned off by those types of places hehehe. But make no mistake I like seafood.

I don't think we have dryer's in canada :S Shame too because I know about it from my numerous visits to the USA. I've been to your country more than any other place in the world!

-the black heels are sexy. take a pic with you in them.

<3

Replying to your funny question:

I did NOT get to shake her hand because when she walked up to my face I was so intimidated and scared, I had things in my throat to say but couldn't say it. That's ok because she was very nice to everyone. I did however run to the second path she took and started jumping up and down like CRAZY with my flag! LOL. I accomplished pretty much everything I wanted to do... DID YOU SEE THE VIDEO! WASN'T I SO CLOSE TO HER!!!!

All the british stuff from Canada must scare you Americans a little bit.

©