Monday, July 26, 2010

Tips for shopping.

I am sitting here in Buffalo Exchange waiting for my turn to sell my clothes to this company as are many people waiting in front of me. 6 more people before me on the list... damn...

My first selling to a second hand store... I can honestly tell you this SUCKS! It sucks because you have to wait for 5 hours before your name is called. It sucks because the store is picky about what they want to take off your hands.

The only thing that doesn't suck is the money that you can get afterward, but honestly that isn't much either.

So, to save you all from the trouble of waiting 5 hours to sell clothes that you don't want, I have listed some tips for shopping.

1. Stop shopping at Forever 21, Wet Seal etc...
It's not that I don't like these stores, I love them. But the quality of the clothing is bad and the prices are too jacked up. A cute tank top is like $17.80... First of all, I'm a working student and your quality sucks!

2. Buy staple clothing, shoes and bags.
Staple clothing, shoes and bags NEVER go out of style. NEVER.
Clothing i.e. Nice black blazer, nice one piece dress, nice pencil skirt, etc.

Shoes i.e. Basic leather pumps (closed/peeptoe) Please no slipper heels... etc.

Bags i.e. Leather bags, something good quality, etc.

3. Quality over quantity.
Do you really need 5 pairs of shoes in different color in the same style? Do you? Do you really? NO. Stop being an impulse buyer. Don't be afraid to splurge on quality clothing. If you can see yourself wearing it in 10 years and it'll still look good, you're making the right choice to buy it. If it's a current fad, don't blow your money on multiple ones. And what's the point if you buy a shit quality purse for $5? And will break if you throw a lipstick in it? Going to buy another one for $5? Stupid, the dollars add up, and by the time you learn, you could've bought a Gucci wallet with the money you spent on the crap quality bag.

4. If you have something like it, similar to it, same thing but has no tassle, same thing but has no lace, etc.
SAVE YOUR MONEY AND STAY AWAY FROM IT.

5. Buy high end jewelry.
Jewelry will last forever too, that is if you can take care of it and don't lose it. If you buy nice jewelry, like you buy nice clothes, it'll look nice in 10 years too.

6. Don't buy something just because of the price.

Pretty shirt for $2? Better think twice honey. Will probably break before you put your elbow through it.

I've learned a BIG lesson waiting for so long in line at Buffalo... I really didn't need all the clothing I bought.

I have been there done that, impulse buyer buying multiple useless clothes at once. Stupid! Think about the money you're wasting! In this economy, there really isn't any dollar to spend mindlessly!

No comments:

©